Sunday, January 15, 2012

Shows and Stuff

Hi All,

It's me, Travis. I finally got the computer away from Chloe and Gracie.

I hope all of you have heard that the Westminster Kennel Club dog show will be on TV in about a month (2/13 and 2/14, Valentine's weekend).

We are getting ready for the show - MOM is gathering up HER knitting, Chloe is getting the blankies washed and ready to cuddle under, Gracie is getting her voice primed and ready to "tell" the dogs what to do, and I plan on relaxing and wait for the girls to do all the work and I'll sit back and enjoy the show.

MOM said that Gracie has her first show of the 2012 season the Saturday before Westminster and MOM said that all she needs is 50 more points and to have a little more competition and she will be a champion (OMG, there will be NO living with her when she gets it and she's hard enough to live with now). I'm glad she likes that kind of stuff.

MOM was telling me that, since the AKC is recognizing English coonhounds now, that I can go to those shows and become a champion. SHE also said that at AKC shows they don't use benches, that the dogs simply stack themselves on the floor. HMMM, I can do that (MOM has been working with me to stack on the floor) and SHE says I can have snacks while I'm showing. It's about time that this started. I might even try a paw at these shows. Who knows? I might even become a CHAMPION myself !!!!

Any way, it's cold here and my blankies are calling me so I'd betteer go for now. Have fun and I hope you watch the WKC show with your dog.

Bye for now,

Travis

No comments: